Jack Dudek Member of the Year Award - Nomination Guidelines
The award for the Member of the Year is the most prestigious acknowledgment that our membership can bestow on one of its own. It is an honor that is given each year, either at the midterm Board Meeting or at our National Conference.
In 2020 the Member of the Year Award Committee will determine who will receive this distinguished award at the Fall Board of Trustees Meeting in Jacksonville, FL, September 3-5.
The Jack Dudek Member of the Year Award was established as a means of rewarding an individual member for his or her service and dedication to the community, his or her department, and the Fraternal Order of Police on the local, state and national levels.
Nominations are to be submitted in resume form by a subordinate lodge stating the qualifications of the member being nominated for this award. The following guidelines are to be followed for the correct submission of an application and consideration by the committee for selection as Member of the Year.
- All applications must be submitted in legible typewritten form on FOP letterhead (five copies, please), giving all pertinent information as to why the members of your lodge feel the applicant should be considered for this prestigious award.
- All applications must be submitted by a subordinate lodge in good standing. No individual member shall submit his or her name as a nominee for this award.
- Nominees should be considered on the basis of his or her career in the law enforcement profession, his or her FOP involvement, and service to the community.
- Only active FOP members currently working in law enforcement or retired from law enforcement service shall be considered for this award. Retired law enforcement officers are to be considered as active members.
- All applications will be sent to the committee chairperson who will then disseminate copies to the selection committee members.
- In order to allow the committee ample time to read and consider each application, a cut-off date must be set for receiving applications.
- All applications must be received by the committee chairperson no later than six weeks prior to the first day of the Board Meeting or National Conference. The deadline for 2020 nominations is July 24, 2020.
- After each committee member receives a copy of all properly submitted applications, the committee members will then advise the chairperson of his or her choice for the Fraternal Order of Police Member of the Year Award.
- The committee chairperson, after receiving each committee member's selection in writing, will advise the whole committee as to the applicant receiving the most votes and declare that individual the winner of the award.
- The chairperson of the committee will then advise the National President of the selection by the committee and will follow the directives of the National President as to preparations of the Member of the Year plaque.
- The President of the National Lodge shall present a plaque to the recipient of the Member of the Year Award as well as a check for one thousand dollars ($1,000) during the combined Memorial Service which immediately precedes the calling of the National Conference or Board meeting to order.
Please submit all applications to:
Ed Brannigan, Chairperson
Awards and Recognition Committee
701 Marriott Drive
Nashville TN 37214
Committee members involved in the selection of the Member of the Year Award are: Chairperson Ed Brannigan, NJ; Mike Burns, KS; David McClure, SC; Dan Mitchell, OH; Shawn Richards, MD; Mike Toepffer, KS; and David Willis, MI.