Dear FOP Members,
Starting in August, Medicare-eligible Retirees of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) and their spouses can enroll in an Aetna® Medicare Advantage PPO plan.
Retired police officers have unique needs from years of hard work and challenging conditions. That’s why we‘ve teamed up with Aetna to design four Aetna Medicare Advantage plans just for retired police officers. Each plan starts with:
- A foundation of comprehensive coverage — Aetna Medicare Advantage plans must include everything Original Medicare covers
- Prescription drug, hearing and vision coverage
- Health and wellness programs like “SilverSneakers” and “AbleTo” behavioral health coaching at no extra cost
And because these plans were designed for different budgets, you could end up paying lower premiums and deductibles than you are now.
FOP Retirees and their spouses can enroll in one of these plans between August 15 and September 30, 2019. Coverage for these plans starts January 1, 2020. These plans are just for Medicare-eligible Retired FOP Members and their spouses. If you or your spouse aren’t Medicare-eligible yet, he/she can’t enroll in the plan and will have to keep their current coverage.
Look for Aetna at the National Fraternal Order of Police Conference and EXPO August 11-14, 2019, in New Orleans. They’ll be at booth #316 and can provide you with additional program information and details. You can also attend their EXPO seminar they’ll be holding to provide information and answer questions.
- Seminar: Aetna National Medicare Advantage Solution for the FOP
- Location: Convention Room 347
- Date: Wednesday, August 14
- Time: The seminar starts 60 minutes following the General Session Close of Business
Visit the Aetna and FOP website at fop.aetnamedicare.com for more information about these plan options.